Inactive Group Takeover Process
Interested in being promoted to admin of a group that appears inactive? Flickr Staff may be able to promote you if the current group admin is inactive.
In order to be eligible for promotion, here’s a list of criteria you’ll need to meet:
- You must not have any unresolved violations against your account. Your account must be in compliance with our Community Guidelines and Terms of Service.
- You must be a member of the group.
- You must agree to maintain the existing theme or content type of the group.
- You must send a group blast to the group members notifying them of your promotion and any changes to group rules.
If you feel you’ll be a good fit, please submit your request to our Support team here with the following details:
- A link to the group you’re interested in.
- A link to your own Flickr profile.
- Promotion is not guaranteed.we consider a number of factors in order to ensure the new admin will be a good fit for the group.
- You may be demoted if your account falls out of compliance with our Community Guidelines and Terms of Service.
What are my capabilities as an admin?
- Set group rules.
- Update the group’s information.
- Customize the group's appearance.
- Invite other member's content to the group.
- Promote other members to be group admins & moderators.
- Demote moderators. (Note: admins cannot be demoted.)
- Delete the group.
- Approve or remove photos from the pool.
- Remove or ban members.
- Moderate group discussions.
- Create up to 20 Sticky Topics, by clicking Make Topic Sticky on a discussion.
For more information on how to manage your group, please see Flickr group management.
What if the group appears to be active? Do I still have a chance of becoming an admin?
In these cases, we recommend sending a FlickrMail to the current admin asking if they’re still interested in being an active admin in the group. They may want to promote you!
I’m currently an admin of a group and no longer want to be active. What happens to my group? If you leave the group or delete your account, the longest standing moderator will automatically be promoted by default.
If there is no moderator, the longest standing group member will automatically be promoted. If you want someone specific to take over the group for you, you will have to promote them before leaving the group or deleting your account.