Before Flickr staff is able to take any action on a members account on their behalf, including assisting in account recovery, we first need to verify account ownership.
Once we've successfully verified an account, we can take any necessary & requested action on the account.
Acceptable Methods of Verification:
- Write in from the email address on the account.
- A photo of a government issued ID, provided the name matches the account.
- An alternate photo that isn’t posted on the account, but is from the same event taken on the same camera (different angle, blurry, etc.) so we can compare EXIF data.
- The original file of a photo that is different than the version you uploaded to the account (RAW file, original size, color version of a black and white photo, etc.)
See below for more details around each verification method.
Providing a photo of a government issued ID
We're able to accept government issued ID's including:
National identity card
ID must be valid (not expired).
- Name on the ID must match the name on the account.
Must be a photo-- the ID cannot be scanned.
The ID cannot be digitally edited or altered. If there is sensitive information you would like to obscure, please use a physical item such as tape or a piece of paper.