Groups are a great place to share photos and discuss them with other members. It's even more fun when your friends are there to get in the action! If they haven't joined already, you can send them an invite.
Invite via Email
- Hover over You | select Groups.
- Click the group you'd like to invite someone to.
- Click Invite Friends.
- Click Invite a Flickr member or Invite a new person to join Flickr.
- Let your friends know what the group is about, then send the invite.
If you would rather contact your friends directly, you can share the group information with them.
Share the group URL
- Go to the group overview page.
- Copy the link from the address bar.
- Share the URL via email, instant message, or Flickr Mail, and ask your friends to join the group.
Ask your friends to join directly
- Share the group name with your friends.
- Ask them to go to Flickr and in the Search bar select "Groups" as the type and search for the group's name.
- Ask them to click on Join.
- If your group is private, you will need to send an invite to your friends to ask them to join. You will also need to approve your friend’s request within your group's administration settings.
- Sharing the group URL, or asking your friends to join directly, are only options if your group is public. Your friends will only be able to search for your groups on Flickr if they are set to public.
- If your group is inactive, friends may need to uncheck the hide inactive groups box in their search results.
- To find sent invitations, go to Administration > Manage your members then click on the Invited tab.