Public Flickr groups can be found by anyone on Flickr and are listed on members' pages, while private Flickr groups aren't listed anywhere on the site and are invite-only. If you're looking for some privacy, it's easy for a group admin to make their group private.
Are you sure? If you make a group private, you can't switch it back to public.
- Go to your Flickr group list.
- Select the group you administer.
- Select the Administration tab.
- Under "Rules & Moderation," choose Privacy.
- Press Make this group private.