With great power comes great responsibility!
Delegate group management rights to those you know best, so you can manage your group together.
- Go to a group you administer.
- Click Administration.
- Under Administration, click Manage your Members.
- Go to the tab where that member belongs.
- Click Promote next to the member's name.
- Select 'Admin' or 'Moderator' on the drop-down menu.
- Click OK.
For the full list of what admins/ moderators can do, please see here.
Important! Before promoting, please be aware:
- While admins have total control of a group, they cannot remove/ demote other admins. For this reason, it’s a good idea to limit the number of admins in a group & be sure that you trust the individual with full admin rights before you promote them.
- The most recently promoted admin will be the only individual able to receive and approve join requests.
- If an admin decides to leave a group & there are no other admins at that time, their rights will be passed to the longest-serving member of the group.
- Promoted members don’t get a notification, so make sure you let them know.