Flickr has many great options for sharing photos, but you may occasionally encounter a problem while sharing or embedding items. Here are solutions to the most common issues of a missing or disabled share icon and embedded images that aren't displaying correctly.
Share icon is missing
The share icon is always visible for every image, even if the owner has disabled sharing. If the icon is missing, then there's probably something going on with your web browser. Try the following.
- Try to replicate the issue in another supported web browser.
- Fix common browser issues that cause Flickr to stop working: enable cookies, clear the browser cache, clear cookies, disable add-ons or extensions.
Social media website icons can't be selected
If the owner of the photo has disabled sharing, these options won't be available to select. While you can't change someone else's preferences, you can see what the sharing options include by visiting your own preferences page.
HTML embed, BBCode, or links don't display right on a website
If your website is only showing code, the text of the link, or a broken image icon, consider the following:
- If your photo isn't public, the website might not be able to display it.
- The website you're using may have discontinued supporting this feature.
- The website may require specific steps to make the code display properly. Contact the website's support staff for further info on how to post the image or video.