Use Flickr to explore breathtaking photos from all over the world, meet cool photographers, and share your own experiences. Here's what you need to know to get familiar with the Flickr app.
Check out your contacts' and groups' latest uploads and fave or comment on the ones you like. If the owner allows it, you can even save, share, or add their content to a group.
Search: Discover new faves and search in Flickr
Use the Magnifying icon to access the Explore page and search feature. If you're feeling adventurous, explore the most popular new additions to the Flickr universe or search for new content or contacts.
You can access your profile by clicking on the Profile icon on the navigation bar. (It’s in the middle icon on Android and bottom right on iOS).
Swipe left or right on your profile to check out different types of content:
- About. The About page is a great opportunity to tell the Flickr community who you are. (Android only.)
- Camera Roll. See your public and private uploads.
- Stats. This feature shows you a detailed breakdown of who's visiting your photos. (Pro only.)
- Public. See just your public facing content.
- Albums. Dive into your albums.
- Faves. Scroll through all the items you've faved on Flickr. (iOS only. On Android you can find your Fave album on the Albums tab.)
- Groups. Check out photos from your groups' pool.
Manage content in the Camera Roll
View and organize everything you've ever uploaded to Flickr. Use the slider on the right to scroll to any date in the blink of an eye.
- Change who can see your photos or videos
- Create and delete albums
- Edit photos
- Share photos or videos
- Delete photos or videos
Access your notifications by clicking the Bell icon on the navigation bar. Notifications are a great way to keep updated about your activity on Flickr & you can personalize your notifications by visiting your settings through a web browser.
Adjust your settings
You can access your settings to customize the app by following the steps below.
iOS | Android
- Tap the Profile icon.
- Tap on the 3-dots on the right-hand side.
From here you can:
- Turn the Auto-Uploadr on/ off. (Pro only.)
- Turn Notifications on/ off.
- Access Privacy and Safety settings.
- Turn Native Video Camera on/ off. (Android only.)
- Contact Support/ Send Feedback.
- Trash your Cache. (iOS only.)
- Access About. (Where you can see what version of the Flickr app you have installed.)
- Access the Help Center.
- Delete your Account.
- Sign out of your Account.
Upload new photos
Upload photos by clicking the “+” icon (iOS) or the Camera icon (Android) in the navigation bar. From here you can either use the camera feature to capture a new moment or select a photo to upload from your device's existing photos.
Learn more about uploading through the app.