Advanced Search is a great way for you to find photos using a variety of filters. To access Advanced Search, click on the Advanced icon on the right side of the search bar which appears after performing a search.
You can also access Advanced Search directly: http://www.flickr.com/search/advanced
- Color. Use the color picker to show photos with a specific color, patterns or shallow depth of field.
- Orientation. Pick from portrait, landscape, square, and panorama.
- Minimum size. Pick the smallest size you want to see.
- Date. Search photos by when they were taken or uploaded.
- Content. Refine by Photos, Videos, or both.
- Search in. Limit the search by only tags or include the description and title.
- License. Pick what types of licensed content you want to see.
SafeSearch. Enable or disable SafeSearch.
Search by Color
Use this feature to filter your search to display results of a selected color scheme. You can also filter to return just results with a particular style such as shallow depth of field, minimalist, or patterns.
Search by Orientation
Narrow down your results by deciding which photo orientation you’d like to see. Choose between portrait, landscape, square, and panorama.
Search by Minimum Size
Looking for a certain size photo? This filter option allows you to determine a baseline for what size images you’d like to see returned in the search results.
- Small (shows all sizes)
- Medium (640+)
- Large (1024+)
Search by Date
You can either search for photos by date taken or uploaded-- or refine an existing search by date. To search for photos by date, you can choose a date range or a specific date from the picker.
Search by Content Filter
By default, the search results will return only photos & videos. If you’d like to broaden that to other content types (or only see other content types), you can change that in the Advanced Settings section.
The different content types available in Advanced Search are:
- Illustration/ Art / Animation/ CGI or other non-photographic images
- Virtual Photography/ Machinima
For more information about searching by Content Type: Search by Content Type
The “search in” filter allows you to see results by pulling keywords from descriptions and titles, and tags (all)-- or limit search to pull results only from tags.
Search by License
Use this filter to limit which type of license you’d like to see in your search results. For more information about content filters: Change Your Photo's License in Flickr
Search by SafeSearch
This filter allows you to search SafeSearch is a feature that allows you to control what content will be visible to you on Flickr: SafeSearch