We think one good deed deserves another, so we're happy to help charitable 501(c)3 non profit organizations or the international equivalent to a 501c3 with a free or discounted account. At Flickr, you get a versatile medium to connect with members, document your efforts, and touch the global community with history's most powerful and influential means of communication: photography.
Eligible organization types:
Only non-profit organizations whose missions benefit the local community are eligible. This could include organizations with the following missions:
- Actively furthering anti-racist and anti-discrimination efforts
- Representing and advocating for underrepresented and marginalized groups
- Supporting the public good
- Offering services at no or low cost
- Environmental protection or restoration
Example organizations that may qualify:
- Animal rescues
- Public libraries
- Special Olympics and adaptive sports
- Organizations that support underfunded and underprivileged communities at free to low cost in the areas of:
- Food disparity
- Access to healthcare
- Access to education
- Access to housing
- Access to legal services (ie immigration)
- Survivors of sexual abuse
- Veteran support
Ineligible organization types:
Not all 501(c)(3) non-profit organizations are eligible. Ineligible organizations include the following:
- Clubs (sports, games, scouts, other social)
- Educational institutions
- Governmental organizations or agencies
- Political organizations
- Religious organizations
Here are some examples of organizations using one of our Non profit accounts:
WriteGirl Organization— a non profit organization for high school girls, centered on the craft of creative writing and empowerment through self-expression.
Special Olympics Illinois— is a not-for-profit organization offering year-round training and competition in 18 sports for more than 23,000 athletes with intellectual disabilities.
DuPage Habitat for Humanity— Since 1995, DuPage Habitat for Humanity has partnered with people in our community and all over the world to help them build or improve a place they can call home.
Applying for a Non-profit account
If you believe your organization is a good fit, we would love to hear from you and review your application.
The Fine Print
Flickr is the sole determiner of which nonprofit charitable 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations qualify. While we are looking forward to reviewing your application, we reserve the right to deny any application at any time and for any reason.