What is the Camera Finder?
Are you in the market for a new camera and you’re not sure where to start? Or, have you seen an awesome photo on Flickr taken using a certain camera make/model and you want to see what other photos it can produce? Then, the Camera Finder is the place to start!
The Camera Finder has the following sections:
- Most popular brands
- Most popular cameras in the Flickr Community
- Popular Point & Shoot cameras
- Popular Cameraphones
- Camera Brands used in the Flickr Community - a list of many brands/ models used across Flickr.
How can I access the Camera Finder?
- Log into Flickr on a web browser.
- Hover over Explore.
- Click Camera Finder from the drop-down menu.
Additionally, if you’re viewing a photo on Flickr, and the camera model is listed on the photo page, clicking on the camera model will also take you to the same page.
Note: The Camera Finder feature is not currently available within the Flickr app.
How to navigate the Camera Finder
Clicking on the Camera Brand will allow you to see:
- The top 5 camera models for that brand, including stats on how many members of the community are taking photos using it and the number of photos uploaded.
- The top 5 camera models for that brand over the last year.
- The most uploads for that brand in the last month.
- Popular Flickr groups related to that brand.
- Many cameras of that brand used in the Flickr community.
Pro Tip! The camera brand is hyperlinked in several places on the Camera Finder, clicking on it will always take you to this page.
Clicking on the Camera Model will allow you to see:
- How it is ranked against other models within that brand.
- How many photos on Flickr have been taken using that model, and a selection of the photos to browse through.
- How many users within the community are using that model.
- Camera type and specifications.
If you scroll to the bottom of the page, you’ll also see a search feature. The search feature randomly generates a search so you can browse photos of that subject taken on the camera model. Additionally, you can input your own search topic!
Pro Tip! The camera model is also hyperlinked in several places on the Camera Finder, clicking on it will always take you to this page.
The Camera Finder also provides statistics on the most popular cameras within the Flickr Community, and breaks them down into point & shoot cameras and camera phones.
The graphs show the number of Flickr members who have uploaded at least one photo or video with a particular camera on a given day over the last year.
To learn more about how the graphs are generated, you can click the link underneath that says About these graphs.
At the bottom of the page, you will also find a table of many camera brands used on Flickr for you to browse at your leisure!