If you need to cancel your subscription, please follow the steps below.
Purchases made via web browser
- Click your Profile Photo.
- Click Settings.
- Under "Membership status," click Manage your Pro subscription.
- Click Cancel your subscription.
Purchases made via Flickr app
For purchases made through the App Store or Google Play:
- Open the Flickr app.
- Tap the settings icon.
- Tap Flickr Pro.
- Tap Manage subscription.
- iOS users will be directed to subscription settings.
- Android users tap or Cancel Plan.
When you finish canceling your subscription, you'll see a confirmation page (web only). We'll also send you an email message confirming your cancellation.
Once your subscription has been canceled, your Pro benefits will remain active until your subscription expires. After this time, your account will be switched to free.
Please keep in mind that free accounts are subject to a limit of 1,000 uploads. Within that limit, free accounts can have:
- Maximum 50 non-public photos or videos. Non-public items include those marked as Friend and/or Family, or Private.
- Only Safe (public or non-public) content allowed. Moderate or Restricted photos or videos cannot be uploaded to a free account.
Downgrading your Pro account will put your content at risk of deletion if you exceed these limits - so make sure your content is backed up before canceling.
If you change your mind and wish to continue with benefits such as ad-free browsing and advanced photostats, you can renew your Pro subscription any time by heading over to your account settings.
Note: To ensure that your credit card isn't charged for your next billing period, cancel the service at least one day before the next scheduled billing date.
Don’t see the option to cancel your subscription? Contact us & we’ll be happy to help!