Slow uploads, failure to connect, or only partial images are being displayed? You can use this guide to get you back in progress.
Firstly, check out our Flickr Status page to see if the site is fully operational.
If the site is fully operational, we have some quick troubleshooting options you can try to help you identify what might be causing the issue:
Most connection issues arise due to a problem between your computer & Flickr. Thankfully, these issues are often temporary.
To check your network is working correctly, we recommend that you try the following:
- Briefly power off any broadband modems and routers to reset the network connection.
- If you connect wirelessly, move your computer closer to the wireless access point, or 'plugin'.
- If you're connected through a router, try plugging directly into the broadband modem.
- See your manual for configuration options if the router is slowing or blocking uploads.
- Also, try lowering your MTU (Maximum Transmission Unit) or matching it to your ISP's value.
- Search our forums to see if there are any specific network hardware incompatibilities.
Firstly, you'll need to check that the browser you’re using is up to date and that it is listed as one of our supported browsers. See our help article here for further information.
Once you’re all up-to-date if you continue to have trouble, we recommend that you try the following:
- Clear your browser cookies.
- Clear your browser cache.
- Disable add-ons and extensions.
- Try using a different web browser.
- Try another upload method such as the Mac or Windows Uploadr desktop app (Pro members only).
Are you still able to upload to Flickr if you try using a different device? If so, we recommend that you try the following to ensure you’re device is meeting our upload requirements:
- Reboot your device and try uploading again.
- Check you’re running the latest version of the operating system on your computer/ laptop. Not sure what operating system you’re using? Click this link to find out!
Still, having trouble?
If you continue to have issues uploading your content after trying the above troubleshooting options, please contact us with the following details so we can investigate further:
- A screenshot of any error messages that you may be seeing;
- How long you’ve been seeing this, and if any changes were made around the time you noticed this;
- Type of device and model being used (phone, computer, tablet, etc);
- What operating system are you using;
- If this issue is being experienced on just one device, or across multiple devices
- Type of browser being used when seeing this issue (Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Safari, etc);
- If this issue is being experienced on just one web browser, or across multiple web browsers;
- Any adblockers, extensions, or plugins currently in use;
- If a VPN is being used, and if so, is Flickr on the allow list.