Let's get your photos out there! Below you'll find our guidelines to help you determine which file types are supported for hassle-free uploading.
Supported file types
- GIF (non-animated).
- All other formats will be converted to JPEG (see limitations below).
- MP4 (recommended with H.264)
- AVI (Proprietary codecs may not work)
- MOV (AVID or other proprietary codecs may not work)
- MPEG (1, 2, and 4)
Pro tip - Use the built-in Photo/Video editor (PC) or iMovie (Mac) to export files that Flickr can support.
- RAW photos are not supported at this time.
- Each photo can be up to 200 MB.
- Images can be no more than 31.25 times wider than they are tall. This might prevent some panoramic images from uploading.
- When uploading HEIF/HEIC images via the app, conversion to JPEG only happens automatically on iOS. For Android, the file must be converted before uploading (either on the device, if supported, or through a conversion app).
- Each video can be up to 1 GB
- Video playback is constrained to the first 3 minutes for Free members, and 10 minutes for Pro members.
- If you're having trouble uploading a video, try converting the file to a different format.
Having trouble? Head over here for some pointers.