Lightroom is a desktop program used for organizing and editing photos. You can easily upload your photos from Lightroom directly to Flickr.
The older versions (1-6) were purchased and installed as standalone software, while the new versions (referred to as Cloud, CC, Classic) are based on a subscription to Adobe's Creative Cloud. The Flickr publish service is installed natively in Classic, and numbered versions of Lightroom.
Authorize Flickr in Lightroom
To publish your Lightroom photos to Flickr, you will first need to authorize your account.
While in the Library Module:
- Click on the “+” next to Publish Services
- Click Go to Publishing Manager
- Click Flickr in the Publish Services box
- In the Settings box, Flickr Account, click Authorize
- In the Confirm pop-up, click Authorize
During the authorization process, please note the following as seen in the screenshot below:
- This is a third party app and any issues or updates will be managed by the developer, Adobe.
- Photos that are edited in Lightroom after being uploaded to Flickr might also change/replace the uploaded version.
- It’s possible to delete photos that have been uploaded to Flickr from within Lightroom.
Once you have authorized your Flickr account, you can publish your photos directly to your Photostream.
- Select the photos to be published.
- Right click on Photostream and choose to Create Photoset (Album) or Add Selected Photos.
- To edit, rename, or delete a photoset, right-click (Windows) or Control-click (Mac OS) it in the Publish Services panel and choose Edit Collection, Rename, or Delete.
- If prompted, click Replace to update published photos with newer versions.
- Change upload settings, such as Title & Privacy, in the Lightroom Publishing Manager.
Note: Deleting photos from the photoset in Lightroom Classic will also remove them from Flickr the next time you click Publish.
If you're having issues publishing to Flickr from Lightroom, try the following:
- Update to latest version of Lightroom
- Click Help > Check for updates
- Re-authorize your Flickr account:
- Remove Authorization from within Lightroom in the Publishing Manager > Remove Authorization from within your Flickr account.
- Edit Account Links > Remove
- Re-Authorize Flickr in Lightroom
Why do the photos I uploaded from Lightroom have a different Privacy setting than my default in Flickr?
Check the default Privacy setting in Lightroom Publishing Manager to ensure that both settings are in agreement. The Lightroom setting will override the Flickr setting.
Why are photos missing from my Photostream?
Photos deleted from the Photoset in Lightroom will also be deleted from your Flickr account.
I’ve tried all the troubleshooting steps, and it’s still not working. What now?
If you've tried the troubleshooting steps above, please contact support with the following information:
- Device: PC or Mac
- Version of Lightroom you're using
- A description of the issue
- Screenshots of what you are seeing