Get in on the conversation, or start your own discussion. By engaging with the Flickr community, you'll be able to find like-minded photographers and maybe you'll learn a trick or two in the process!
Post a new topic
- Choose Start a Discussion.
- Enter a title and what you want to discuss.
- Select Start Topic.
Reply to a topic
- From any discussion, enter your reply in the comment box at the bottom.
- Select Post Reply.
Add an inline image to your post
In order to embed one of your images, you’ll need to first get the embed code from the photo’s page in your Photostream.
- Hover over You | select Photostream.
- Select the image you with to share.
- From the photo page, select the Share icon.
- Click Embed.
- Select a size.
- Copy the code | click the X.
- Paste the code into the group discussion reply box.
- Select Preview to preview the post | Select Post to publish your comment.
Here is how your image will display in the discussion thread depending on the size selected:
Note: The option to embed your image is only available if image downloading is changed to an option other than ‘only me’ in your account settings.
If you wanted to add an image that was uploaded by another Flickr member:
You can copy/ paste the URL of the image into square brackets. You can find the URL for the image in your browser's address bar.
Here's how it would look in your post: [www.flickr.com/photos/183718368@N06/50609757756]
Below is how the image will display in the discussion thread:
Note: Remember, if you are posting another Flickr member’s photo to credit the creator of the image in your post.
Delete your topic or reply
- Select the discussion to open it.
- Hover over the topic or post, then press the Delete icon.
- On the box that pops up, press Delete.
A sticky topic is a group discussion that stays at the top of the list.
To mark a topic as sticky, click on the Star icon from the discussion. The icon will turn solid and the “STICKY” label will be added. To remove the sticky label, click on the Star icon again. The icon will return to an outline.
Note: Only group admins & moderators can mark a topic as sticky.