Running a contest or sweepstakes promotion can be an effective method to engage with your community on Flickr, generate consumer interest and increase brand awareness.
Content or sweepstakes promotions are governed by specific laws and other legal requirements or prohibitions. Therefore, if you sponsor or administer a contest or sweepstakes on Flickr, you should take into account legal considerations to ensure that your promotion complies with all applicable laws, rules and regulations.
All contest or sweepstakes administered or advertised on Flickr must meet the following minimum requirements:
1. Official Rules. All promotions must be governed by official rules. These official rules create a contract between you, the sponsor, and promotion participants. Your official rules should include all material terms, including who is eligible, how to enter, what the prizes are and the value of each prize, how winners are selected, how long the promotion will last, and what additional terms or restrictions may apply. Keep in mind the following with respect to Official Rules:
a. Rules should be posted and clearly visible by participants.
b. Rules should be clear and easy to understand.
c. Rules cannot be modified once published.
2. Acknowledgment of Non-Affiliation. All promotions must include an acknowledgment that your promotion is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or affiliated with Flickr.
3. Copyright Considerations. If you plan to use content (such as photos or videos) submitted for entry as part of your promotion, make sure you secure a license from the owner for any additional use, and provide a link from each photo or video back to its page on Flickr in accordance with our Community Guidelines.
4. Prizes. Prizes cannot include any prohibited items, including but not limited to, drugs and drug paraphernalia, illegal products and services, explosives, weapons, firearms and firearm accessories.
5. Prohibited Activity. Contests cannot be centered around, promote or encourage illegal activity or any activity that violates our Community Guidelines.
Flickr will not assist you in the administration of your promotion and cannot provide legal advice. You are responsible for ensuring that your promotion complies with all applicable laws and regulations. You agree that if you administer your promotion on Flickr, you do so at your own risk and expense.On occasion, Flickr does partner with specific brands to administer or sponsor contests. These contests are held to these same standards. If you want to share information about a contest that you're planning or inquire about how and when Flickr does support contests, please contact us here.