Flickr allows you to determine who can see your photos. Set any photo to public or private at any time. You can also make your photos available to friends, family, or friends & family, without sharing them publicly.
Privacy controls available
- Private: only you can see the photo. (Note: When Private photos are shared in a Group, they will be visible to all Group members.)
- Friends: contacts you’ve marked as friends can see the photo. *
- Family: contacts you’ve marked as family can see the photo. *
- Friends and Family: contacts you’ve marked as either friends or family can see the photo. *
- Public: all Flickr visitors can see the photo.
* This setting requires members to sign into their Flickr accounts before they can see photos you’ve shared with them.
You can also share a Guest Pass to any photo or album that allows people to see your content without signing in to a Flickr account, regardless of the photo's privacy setting.
To change privacy settings for existing content
Note: Changing your photos to a stricter privacy level will permanently alter the links to your photos & remove faves from contacts that are not marked as that privacy level -- this cannot be undone.
From a single photo page on the web:
- Scroll down to the Additional info section on the right side of the page.
- Next to Viewing privacy select the privacy level you would like the photo to have.
Change privacy levels in bulk:
- Hover over You | select Organize.
- Drag and drop content to the batch area.
- Click Permissions, select Who can see, comment, tag?
- Select your preferred settings.
- Click Change Permissions.
Set the default privacy for new content
- Head to your account settings.
- Click on Privacy & Permissions.
- Under Defaults for new uploads you will see several settings.
- Update the relevant settings by clicking Edit.
- Once applied, click Save.
Change privacy settings through the app
- Once in your Camera Roll | tap Select.
- Tap a photo, or multiple photos to update the privacy.
- Tap the Privacy icon.
- Select your preferred privacy status.
Note: To locate content on your account based on the privacy setting, please see How to locate non-public and/or moderate or restricted content on your Flickr account.